To all of my faithful readers who listen to my brain puke, sorry it's been so long since I rambled. I am going to rant and rave more often.
So, this election. People who never voted in their LIVES are registering to vote. No matter who wins or how lousy candidates are, the fact that people are starting to vote is wonderful. For Clinton's reelection when he was going to "build a bridge to the 21st century," the voter turnout was so awful it made our country look like apathy had really set in. The somehow, four years ago, the worst president in our country's history was re-elected. "W" ... WTF!
Anyway, a tidbit of interesting information. Guess who just endorsed Obama? COLIN POWELL. Bush's secretary of state from term 1, breaking from his party.
Observe some quotes:
Powell states: "I come to the conclusion that because of [Obama's] ability to inspire, because of the inclusive nature of his campaign, because he is reaching out all across America, because of who he is and his rhetorical abilities -- and you have to take that into account -- as well as his substance -- he has both style and substance," Powell said. "He has met the standard of being a successful president, being an exceptional president."
Powell noted that McCain has been a good friend for 25 years, but expressed disappointment in the negative tone of the GOP campaign, as well as in McCain's choice of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as the vice presidential nominee.
"Now that we have had a chance to watch her for some seven weeks, I don't believe she's ready to be president of the United States, which is the job of the vice president," Powell said. "And so that raised some question in my mind as to the judgment that Senator McCain made."
(Walls and Pitney, Huffinton Post 2008)
To follow all the fun http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/19/colin-powell-endorses-oba_n_135895.html
At this point, I am just ready for this to be over with. No matter what happens, at least W is done with.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cool blog. Are you going to make it private? If so, I want the password so I can read about all of your zanny adventures.
Post a Comment