
I just read about this today, but apparently on Feb 24 NBC announced that Richter will be the announcer on "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien" when it premieres on June 1. He will also be in some comedic pieces on the show. This is awesome! When he left Conan as the side kick in 2000 I think he was trying to avoid being the forever side kick like Ed McMahon was. Think of McMahon and what do you think of? I think of the side kick for Carson, of course. Or, adds during the Price is Right for the elderly, or the by mail sweepstakes, but primary as the side kick.
My displayed picture was from Andy being the guest on Conan's final show for Late Night. The whole hour was basically clips from years past, Andy as a guest, and then Conan saying thank you to many. My TiVo cut him off during the final thank yous. Ahh! I have to find the clip of the final thank you onling somewhere.
I for one am so excited about Conan moving to the Tonight Show this June. I think Conan is great, it should be interesting to see how he changes to do Late Night. Obviously, no more pooping robots, no more masturbating bears, and no more various other silly gross items (I also think of the fun hole, and the Abe Lincoln in the S and M outfit.)
In Conan's absence from Late Night I put my TiVo back on Letterman, who I used to watch as my regular. When Conan had been on for a few years and really started doing well on Late Night I switched from Letterman to Conan. This being said, Letterman was the MAN. He was great on Late Night, then when NBC snuffed him and didn't give him Tonight Show he left and went to CBS. Good move David Letterman, you are MUCH MUCH better than Jay Leno. Nothing wrong with Leno, it's just Letterman is better. Plus, he was entitled to the Tonight Show wasn't he? It is like a vice president running for president after the end of a second term of presidency e.g. Bush 41, Gore. When Conan returned on June 1 my TiVo will leave Letterman again to go back to Conan June 1 here we come!
1 comment:
you must remember Tuesday night TV dinners, when Mom was working and Dad made supper, hot dogs & tater tots, with Letterman reruns on TV
Post a Comment