Thursday, February 5, 2009

Family

It doesn't happen often, but sometimes I wake up early enough that my family is all still sleeping. For some reason, when I am alone awake I find a sense of peace. Similar to times alone, but it allows for some reflection about those who surround me in their stage four sleep. My wife does wake up sometimes and tells me to go to bed because she wants me to be healthy and she takes good care of me.

A scripture verse that has value to me is in Genesis and it shows up again in the new testament I believe in both Matthew and Mark. God tells us men to leave our father and mother and cleave to our wife. I look around in the morning and despite all of the reasons we complain every day, I really am blessed. I have a wonderful wife, a beautiful daughter, and the greatest dog there ever was. Outside my home I also have people who really care about me and my family, most specifically my parents and in-laws. This home that God has created for me is my true home and I am thankful for it.

No comments: