
French Open 2009. The clay in Paris.
Nooooooooooooo Nadal lost in the QUARTER Finals to Soderling! This was called one of the top three upsets of all time in tennis. I was hoping to see Nadal take his fifth in a row setting a new record. He already broke the record of most consecutive wins in the French Open.
Well, Federer finally gets to win his French Open to take all of the slams for his career, becoming the seventh man to ever do so. He will also tie Sampras for the most Open titles ever, TIE, so one more later in the next two years most likely Wimbledon. Nothing personal to Nadal but Federer probably jumped for joy when Nadal was out in the quarters because Nadal has always destroyed Federed on clay. And, I am willing to say that Federer is in the top ten of men's tennis of all time. Below Borg.
Davydenko lost to Soderling and Soderling makes the semi-final to I assume destroy Gonzalez and then lose to Federer on the Sunday final.
No comments:
Post a Comment